Have you ever interviewed for a position that never turned into a job offer?
The majority of us have experienced this at least once in our career.
At the interview or interviews, we did everything right:
- We dressed for success.
- We were prepared and familiar with the company and position.
- We were personable and likeable.
So why weren't we hired?
Most of the time companies won't tell you.
- Usually, it's because there was someone else interviewing for the position who was better suited.
- He or she had a stronger background with more experience in the industry.
- Or that person had training and education that set him or her apart from other candidates.
There's not much we can do to speed up our experience in any given industry.
But there is something to be said about furthering our education.
At Sandler, we've spent 30 years creating some of the top professional education programs in the country.
We've trained some of the nation's top sales teams how to integrate quality, results-oriented account management tasks into their everyday processes that produce dramatic, positive results.
We've trained some of the nation's top business leaders how to communicate more effectively, inspire teams to produce, and assess and address business challenges.
Working smarter, not harder isn't just an old saying.
It can be done.