Sandler Training Sales Class Descriptions
Get a one-time FREE guest pass to our regular sales training offerings.
Sales Training Topics
Discover easy-to-learn and easy-to-use yet extremely effective techniques to discover clients' real agendas and "pain." In this class, you'll learn how to stop talking, listen more, and listen more effectively.
This program is tactical in nature focusing on your most challenging prospecting and closing problems. At the beginning of the class, we set up an agenda based on what you want to work on. We work on the agenda in a highly interactive training session involving a lot of role-playing and demonstrations of best practices to help you to go to a higher level when you prospect and close deals.
Plenty of practice in breakout groups not only for the advanced but for the neophyte as well! See, hear and feel our selling material in action, use it, coach it.
Becoming a Self-Starter
Attitude and motivation are based on a true understanding of your nature. Answering the question, “What motivates me?” will help you discover the secret of self-actualization and understand the reasons behind your internal motivation. Personal motivation will never develop if you have desire and belief without a well-organized plan of action that will lead to accomplishment. Learn how to develop a plan of action in order to achieve your goals.
Bonding & Rapport
Building relationships with your clients/prospects are the first step in the Sandler Selling System. It is imperative that you have a good relationship with your prospect/client and that rapport continues through each phase of the Sandler system.
People buy from people they are comfortable with. Being able to establish rapport quickly indicates that you have the ability to make your client/prospect feel comfortable. There are several elements of communication to use when trying to establish rapport. The first are the words we speak; the second is how we speak, our tonality; and the third way we communicate is through physiology or body language.
Since over 50% of your message is not what you say, but is related to your non-verbal communication, it is important to know what your body language says about you and how you can use this to your advantage.
Uncovering the Prospect's Budget
The Budget Step is the most important step, yet it is the step salespeople have the most difficulty handling. It is very difficult talking about money, dealing with money, and asking other people about money. However, in order to be successful in sales, money has to be talked about. The Sandler Selling System deals with the budget up front instead of at the end of the selling process.
The budget step allows you to uncover how much money is allocated for your product or service, how your prospect plans to make the investment, where the money is coming from, and how it gets paid. When you, as a salesperson, are relaxed when dealing with money, your prospect will be at ease and will feel no pressure.
Building Trust & Rapport with Transactional Analysis
Using a communication and behavioral model called Transactional Analysis, you will discover new, yet proven ways, to increase the speed and degree to which you bond and establish rapport. We all know that building bonding and rapport is a building block to success in closing a deal and this workshop is a building block to making more money in sales... while having fun.
Can Asking Questions Be the Answer?
This lesson will instruct you how not to spill your knowledge and expertise into your prospect’s lap. The strategy of asking a question in response to a prospect’s question is called "reversing." Reverses are verbal probes that make sure you answer the prospect’s “real” question. When handled in a nurturing manner, reverses help the prospect uncover his/her true motivations for buying, without pressure from you. Learn how to use softening statements preceding a reverse in order to decrease the pressure on the prospect.
Also in this session, participants will learn how to use questions to handle the stalls and objections heard most often from prospects. The only person qualified to handle the prospect’s stalls and objections is the prospect. By using questions to bring up the common stalls and objections before the prospect has a chance to, you remove the roadblocks.
How to get the prospect to close themselves, getting rid of "think it overs", how to be in total control of the sale.
Proven approaches to handling difficult collections & keep the customer.
Developing Your Client History Questionnaire
Develop a questionnaire for your industry to use with prospects to uncover their goals, problems, and pain. An invaluable qualifying and selling tool which will help you to have more fun and make more money.
Cut and Paste Night
This class will explore how to maximize the impact of setting personal goals. Dreams and goals must be REAL. Expand your comfort zone by letting your inhibitions go and sharing your dreams with the group while creating "Eye Candy" (your dream book). Bring your glue stick, scissors, poster board, and a collection of your favorite magazines, car brochures, travel pamphlets, and whatever else gives you inspiration.
How many times have you given a presentation to a prospect who didn’t have the power, the authority, or the capability of giving you a "yes" Many salespeople will externalize this frustration and become angry at the prospect? But whose problem is it, really?
You must qualify your prospect for decision making. Let the prospect know that saying either “yes” or “no” is the only acceptable answer and that he or she cannot say, “I want to think it over.” Qualifying the prospect’s decision-making ability is paramount to getting your desired outcome. If your prospect says that he or she can make the decision alone, check it out! The prospect has probably been telling salespeople this for ages but when decision time comes, it might not be true.
As a Sandler-trained professional, you know how to turn your intermediate decision maker into an “inside salesperson.” You can use the “rehearsal” technique to elicit questions the actual decision-making committee might ask. Plus, you know how to get your “inside salesperson” committed to your cause before he or she goes in front of the committee for you.
You will get a lot more “no's” than you ever got in the past, but the good news is that you will also be hearing a lot more “yeses” too. Mastering the Decision Step of the Sandler Selling System is crucial to your success as a selling professional.
Develop Your Prospecting Hierarchy
A system for lead qualification, time management, and how to improve your cold calling effectiveness.
Executive Briefing: Non-Traditional Sales
We'll cover problem-solving, the Sandler System, strip-lining, the "OK/NOT-OK" principal, and overcoming call reluctance. Learn how to conduct a group talk. Bring a friend or associate.
Executive Sales Boot Camp
An introduction to The Sandler Selling System. Learn how to qualify, close and present with better results, shorten the sales cycle, and get decisions instead of "think it overs." Discover several non-traditional and highly effective Sandler selling techniques including "reversing," "strip-lining’ and the "dummy curve."
Four Levels of Pain
"Pain" in the Sandler Selling System defined. Mastering techniques for getting to the "pain."
Fuel to Run Your Sandler Submarine
This workshop will teach you various techniques to assist you in the sales process. Mastering and applying these skills will be the fuel to become a stronger sales professional.
- “Reversing” will enable you to find out, from your prospect, the real issue behind his/her reason for buying.
- The “Dummy Curve” makes your interaction with the prospect less threatening.
- “Negative Reverse Selling” is the most powerful Sandler selling technique and the most difficult to master.
The entire success of a Sandler presentation relies on having established a good, binding, and mutually acceptable contract. The presentation is merely the fulfillment of the contract. There is absolutely no room in the contract for any type of mystification and the words fulfillment and presentation are interchangeable. To make sure your presentation doesn’t fall apart at the end of each pain you’ve just presented, ask your prospect if that particular pain has been solved by your product or service.
Gate Selling means breaking down your existing selling process into manageable sections, which are called “gates.” Learn how to map the success of top producers in your company.
You will first identify the overall sales process of the company. Identifying strategic steps such as “Analyzing the Market Place,” “Doing Research,” “Making the Initial Call,” “Writing Your Proposal,” and “Presenting” are examples of a general process.
Second, you will identify tactical details of each topic; even small things you personally think have no significance. These little things are often what can push you over the top competitively.
This information will become your documented sales process, which you will manage each step of the way.
Get Tough: The New You!
How to be assertive without being aggressive or abrasive, how to be an effective decision maker and the ‘Sales person’s Bill of Rights’.
Getting Pain with Negative Reverse Selling
The most powerful weapon, getting to the real issues, getting rid of the smoke screen, time management, never make another presentation to a prospect that does not say YES!
Going Negative with a Smile
Not for the faint of heart, negative reverse selling is the most powerful Sandler technique. Learn what it is, why it works and how to use it so the prospect does all the work for you!
Learn to identify your personal life goals, determine what you need to do – from a business perspective – to achieve those goals, and make a plan to track your progress and fine-tune the plan.
Goal Setting Accountability Clinic
In order for us to achieve our goals, we first need to set them and then must do all the tasks necessary to make each one of them happen. Easier said than done! This clinic will help its participants reach their goals by acting as a forum to announce your goals, tell the group how you are going to accomplish them, and then have the group and its facilitator hold you accountable. Each month we will track your progress, provide support and suggestions, and help you accomplish your goals.
Hanging Tough on the Money Step
How to be more effective getting paid full price, how to handle price objections, transitioning from ‘Pain Step’ into ‘Money Step’.
How to Be a Master Persuader I
Long Term Bonding & Rapport, Communications, Buying Strategies.
How to Be a Master Persuader II
Similar to MP I, only more participatory and more in depth on communication types and how to elicit them and use them so clients feel like you are just like them and they have known you for a long time, even though you just met!
How to Be a Master Referral Getter
Save time and effort by getting to the point in your career where you don't need to make another Cold Call, how to motivate customers to be your 'sales force', several strategies/methods for getting referrals and introductions
How to Be More Effective on the Phone
Multiple Techniques to help you increase your overall effectiveness on the phone for prospecting, selling and customer service use as well.
How to Create Executive Briefings That Sell
Everything from selecting the source of leads, to how to do a mailing that results in the right people attending YOUR briefing, how to give a talk that turns warm prospects into hot prospects that buy!
Making an Immediate Impact in 30 Seconds
From the elevator encounter to the cold call to the networking speech, this program will prepare you and help you develop your ‘30 Second Commercial’.
How to Get and Stay Focused
The model to learn and own total conviction, get rid of mind chatter, develop total commitment and desire to succeed so that nothing will stand in the path of your success in sales, maximizing your growth potential.
How to Get Commitments and Make Them Stick
Behavior, Attitude, and Technique of the Assertive and how to develop it. Overcoming fear of rejection while being assertive. Real world commitment problems in the selling world and how to overcome them.
How to Get Out of Voice Mail Jail
Are poor telephone skills holding you back?
Nearly 60% of high performing prospectors consider the phone essential to their prospecting success.
Do you find that you are in constant voicemail jail?
Decision makers listen to only 9 seconds of a "cold" voicemail before deciding to press delete.
Consider your days of telephone tag a thing of the past!
Learn how to:
- Overcome call reluctance
- Get referrals over the phone
- Be more effective on the phone
- Make appointments that stick
- Develop written scripts
How to Handle Stalls, Objections, and Put-offs
Eight rules to create the right personal presence on the telephone plus tactical problem-solving.
How to Interpret Body Language
Since so much of communication is conveyed through body language it’s essential that Sales Professional no how to interpret it. You will learn how to interpret all types of body language as well as how to communicate through body language. You will learn the “do’s and don’ts” and leave with a summary of 60 different body language types! Studies show that as much as 55% of communication is through body language and this workshop shows you how to unlock this silent form of communication so you can be more successful in sales.
How to Negotiate with Different Personality Types
You will learn the powerful DISC psychological model and how to apply it in negotiating and sales. Learn about the four basic behavioral styles, how they differ, how to spot them quickly in your prospects and customers and how to adapt to them to be most effective whether you are cold calling, selling or servicing.
How to Present and Close the Sale
This is the condensed version of the Executive Sales Boot Camp; Sandler Submarine, reversing, Ok/Not-Ok Theory.
How to Profit from Consulting
Selling 'Big Ticket' Consulting, Monkey's Paw, Proposals, Owning Your Clients, Getting Paid Up Front.
How to Sell at Trade Shows-Exhibiting and Attending
You will learn everything from how to set up your booth, approaching participants, selling those that stop by your booth, to lead follow-up from the show. Additionally, you will learn best practices for prospecting people who are exhibiting. You will also learn the little-known secret to getting 20 or more prospects in front of you at once at a Trade Show!
How to Stay Out of Games and Power Plays
Power Plays generally move into games. In order for us to be gutsy and assertive, we've got to understand what psychological games are going on.
Games and Power Plays take away what is rightfully one person's and put it into another person's hands. Games and Power Plays put people in situations where everybody loses. They are the techniques to get people to do things they do not want to do.
A good sales relationship is based on the assumption that both the seller and the prospect have an interest in doing things for each other. Part of gutsy selling is to understand that the salesperson has rights. And if he has a product or service that is beneficial to the prospect, he has to face the individual on an adult-to-adult basis. To do this, it is critical to understand how to spot and avoid Games and Power Plays.
How to Uncover People’s Internal Buying Strategies
Learn the five most important Buying Strategies, how to uncover and match them to your clients and prospects and the power of matching.
How to Upgrade Your Non-Supportive Record Collection
This program will help you get rid of 55 common belief systems that hold sales people back and replace them with supportive belief-systems that will help you make a lot of money, have more fun and save time. This empowering session will also help you to 'own' more of our powerful selling techniques, own more of yourself and put you in total control of the sale!
How to Upgrade Your Salesforce in 30 Days
Discover salespeople’s, and managers', five major COVERT weaknesses. Overcoming these weaknesses can increase effectiveness 180 %! Learn our 20-minute interview to pick out a WINNER!
Identifying Reasons for Doing Business
Do you know how to uncover your prospect's real pain? Attend this training workshop and learn how to develop these skills and increase sales! Discover how to uncover pain - The most misunderstood concept in sales.
Although prospects buy emotionally, their decisions are intellectual. The strongest emotion your prospect experiences is pain. Your goal as a salesperson is to get your prospect emotionally involved. He/she will experience pain and reveal the cause of the pain so you may provide the solution.
Learn how to allow your product or service to gently unfold, as the prospect provides the fit. There is a world of difference between feature and benefit selling and developing pain.
Problem Solving, Strategic Planning, Technique Mastering, Garbage Collection
Qualifying for Budget, Price Objections, How to Get Paid Full Price.
Money Through Fulfillment
Differentiating yourself from the competition, selling big ticket items, controlling selling situations when you don't have an edge on the competition, price objections, selling to the non-decision maker, how to stop arm wrestling and use finesse.
Negative Reverse Selling/Stealth Selling
Professional salespeople realize that buyers need to discover they have problems that need to be solved and want to solve them in a timely fashion with the appropriate budget. Most amateur salespeople continually push the prospect through the process, meeting with resistance each step of the way. Stealth selling, or negative selling, allows the salesperson to create an environment in which prospects feel comfortable and allows them to buy vs. being sold. This allows the salesperson to use a “pull” process vs. a “push,” thus making a buyer feel very comfortable with the salesperson and the sales process.
The Negative Reverse Selling technique is the ultimate tool for breaking down the barriers between the buyer and the salesperson.
Learn seventeen different techniques. When you use these approaches you will win the negotiation and the prospect will feel like they won. The best negotiator you'll ever meet doesn't even look like they are negotiating and that's what you'll learn from this program.
No Guts, No Gain!
How to Stop Wimping Out, Risk and Failure, Winning, Success Barriers, Getting What You Want.
No More Cold Calls
Overcoming Fear & Rejection, Getting Past Secretaries, Time Management, Getting Appointments, Referrals.
In this lesson, you will learn how to measure the quality of an opportunity (and ultimately decide whether or not to pursue it) based on not only the prospect’s need for your product or service, but how they feel about the need. If they are experiencing emotions such as frustration, uncertainty, doubt, worry, anxiety, concern and/or anger, FUDWACA, they have “pain.”
People make decisions for two reasons: They are either moving toward pleasure or trying to move away from pain. 98% of prospects' buying decisions are to overcome pain. Your goal as a salesperson is to get your prospect emotionally involved by uncovering their pain. He/she will experience pain and reveal the cause of the pain, so you may provide the solution.
Being skilled at uncovering pain helps you and helps the prospect to move forward. Participate and learn how to be more effective, save time, have more fun and do a better job helping people that need your help by gently "walking them down the aisle" to doing business with you!
Discover how to have your prospects construct a visual representation that will show the full depth and breadth of their pain. Define the full, and usually perpetual, "life cycle" of your products and services in the prospects' worlds.
The Post-Sell Step is a simple matter of making sure the sale is locked up by deliberately giving your prospect a chance to back out while you are still in front of him/her. If there is a crack in the sale, you can patch it up on the spot.
Discover the five elements of pre-call planning, one simple thing you can do that will make you NOT look like a salesperson, how to make sure you ask all the right questions and not forget them in a pressure filled situation, a process to make sure every sales call has a purpose, agenda, time commitment and clear outcome, how to pre-brief and debrief yourself, and how to formulate a winning mindset.
Presumptive Questioning Techniques
Presumptive questions have the effect of putting the prospect on the defensive. As they defend, you get closer and closer to the real pain because their explanations involve information and eventually they get to what's really important, which is how they feel about it.
If there is no feeling of pain behind a question or statement a prospect makes, then the statement or objection could be a test of your knowledge, an effort to get free consulting or designed to get you on the defensive. When there is pain, it is a lot easier to make a sale if the prospect shares it.
Product knowledge is a valuable tool in order to make you confident in your ability to match your company’s service offering and the buyer’s needs. However, salespeople often use product knowledge prematurely. You will learn how to use product knowledge to establish key questions to uncover the buyer’s issues and needs, and how to tell third-party stories to create confidence in the buyer and in the ability of your company to deliver the necessary solution. The question is not whether product knowledge is valuable and should be used; this lesson teaches you how to use product knowledge, and when.
Professional Negotiating Techniques
Negotiating is a vital skill for business success. Why? Because everyone negotiates. Do you want to increase your skills and not even look as if you're negotiating?
Business owners negotiate projects, projections, and deadlines with department heads and managers. Sales managers negotiate sales quotas, territory assignments, and performance incentives with their sales teams. Salespeople negotiate price, terms, and purchase incentives with savvy buyers who are always looking for a better deal.
- Identify common strategies used by buyers
- Turn the negotiation process into a joint problem-solving session
- Make price a small part of the negotiation process
- Identify 10 proven negotiating strategies used in your environment
With these approaches, you will win the negotiation and the prospect will feel like they won. The best negotiator you'll ever meet doesn't even look like they are negotiating and that's what you'll learn from this program.
How to get through screens and voice mail, Develop Written Scripts, How to Get Through the Secretary, How to get referrals over the phone, How to be more effective on the phone, How to make appointments that ‘stick’, How to Overcome Call Reluctance and the Things that are Holding You Back from Making the Calls.
Prospecting and the 5-Step Phone Call
Can't get through?
Challenged with not enough appointments?
No systematic way to book them once you get the prospect on the phone?
Locked in voice mail jail?
Participate and learn how to increase your results by 300 to 400%. You'll discover a systematic way to easily book appointments. Learn techniques to get through, book more appointments and make more money.
Prospecting Behavior and Your Recipe for Success
Learn how to identify, organize and track the prospecting activities that will allow you to reach your sales goals, and develop a system to achieve them. Also, create your 30-second commercial and your prospecting phone call message.
Focus & Direction, Goals Management, Time Management, Getting 110% Commitment from Your Clients, Personal Financial Planning and Prospecting and Selling Behavior Goal Setting, Tracking and Modification.
You will learn how to use questioning techniques to get prospects to open up and discuss their real concerns and needs. In order to accomplish this, you will learn what the Dummy Curve is, what reversing is, and why you need these techniques.
Real World Problem Solving and Coaching
Open Forum to work on any selling, closing, prospecting or other selling-related problem.
Sell More & Have Fun Doing it
A System, Qualifying, Closing, Decisions, Objections, Money.
Selling to Groups and Committees
Learn the strategies important to selling to groups. Find out how to recruit your "Inside Salesperson" and neutralize those people that may be working against you. See how to get commitments from groups and hear about the different types of buyers you're getting in front of. Have a systematic approach to Selling to Groups and Committees.
Selling to Women
Whether you are a woman or a man this workshop will give you techniques that will make you more effective immediately. We will cover how a woman’s buying practices are different than a man’s and how to align your selling with them. You will learn about the diverse differences in eye contact in selling, marketing and selling etiquette. The material in this program will help you to be substantially more effective selling to women.
Selling with Neuro-Linguistic Programming
Neuro-linguistic programming (NLP) is an approach to communication, personal development, and psychotherapy created back in the 1970s. Its creators claim a connection between the neurological processes ("neuro"), language ("linguistic") and behavioral patterns learned through experience ("programming") and that these can be changed to achieve specific goals in life. NLP as a body of knowledge is full of processes and techniques of influence.
Business people love processes, don’t they? Sales people love having influence, don’t they? That is why NLP and selling are such a popular partnership and why our NLP Sales Training is one of our most popular training courses for businesses.
Six Ways to Find the Prospect's Pain
Multiple approaches to find prospects’ deep-seated, compelling need to change, qualifying, disqualify and facilitating closure.
Strategic Account Management
Identify your key account; develop strategies for long-term management of the account. Develop "White Knights" within your accounts, and know how to create your "Fuzzy Files". Find out how to coach your client, learn how to rehearse them too.
Strategic Sales Management
Managing Your People, Developing Winners, Recruiting People, Correcting Negative Behavior Patterns for Success.
Learn how to develop a prospecting system that, when used regularly, will produce a consistent and predictable number of leads, which can be converted into sales.
Prospecting commonly is the area in which salespeople are the weakest is the least understood and is the most often neglected in sales training. Prospecting is also one of the selling disciplines that must be mastered in order to succeed.
Learn how to understand the prospecting system, overcome roadblocks, and become an expert in this crucial technique. Also, receive telephone scripts that have been proven to work and produce appointments, no matter who is making the call.
Learn the key differences between selling as an individual, versus a selling team. Identify roles and responsibilities of each team member, and learn how to pass the baton during the sales call. create your pre-call briefing outline and know how what and when to have the post-call debrief.
DISC and Closing the Deal
Do you want to increase your skill level with negotiations? Do you want to increase your sales? Discover the powerful DISC communication model and how to apply it to increase your success rate.
This workshop covers:
- The four basic behavioral styles
- How they differ
- How to spot them quickly in your prospects and customers
- How to adapt to them to be most effective whether you are cold calling, selling or servicing
The Psychology Behind the Sale
Birth Order, Transactional Analysis and Neuro-linguistic programming – some of the most important Psychological Models to selling and how to use them to know your prospect and yourself better and faster!
Join us for our powerful business networking event that comes with a unique twist. We use a structured format that allows for spotlight introductions followed by our famous "lightning round" so connections are made instantly! For first time guests, there is no cost to attend.
This is a structured meeting and starts PROMPTLY at 9:00 AM.
- Not suitable for job seekers!
- Registration is Required - One Registration Per Individual!
To be OK or Not-OK?
This lesson will teach you about people and how they operate. You will learn the importance of not using your industry’s buzzwords. Buzzwords are words or phrases you may use every day, however, have no meaning to others.
You will also learn how you being not-OK will automatically make your prospect or client feel OK.
Finally, this session will teach you how to struggle on purpose and why that will take away all of the preconceived ideas your prospect/client has about you, your profession, and the buyer-seller positions.
Trade Shows- the Nine Neglects
Learn new and non-traditional approaches for lead generation and selling at trade shows including booth layout
Transactional Analysis in Sales and Closing the Deal
Discover one of the most powerful psychological models and how to use it in sales. Learn how to establish a level playing field in your negotiations in sales and what some would refer to as an adult-adult relationship with the customer. Developed in the 1960’s and continually updated since then, Transactional Analysis continues to be a premier and very powerful model to know when closing!
By establishing an up-front contract with your prospect you will develop a set of rules for your interaction. Understanding and setting expectations for your interaction with the buyer allows both parties to know exactly where they are in the selling (or buying) cycle.
Since a contract is only as strong as its weakest link, you must be able to come away from every meeting with a clear, concise, verbal agreement as to what will happen next in order to proceed forward in the selling process. The amateur salesperson that sets weak contracts, or no contracts, will get nowhere.
Selling using up-front contracts is an enjoyable experience for both you and your prospect. There’s no mystification as to what happens next and the pressure inherent in traditional selling disappears.
Video Taped role-plays of selling situations. What you did right, what you should change. Grow to a new level of effectiveness at no risk!
War Games I
See the Sandler System presented by 6 of our strongest President's Club members!
War Games II
Presentations and critiques by clients and Trainer on current selling situations, an opportunity to see what they are doing right and how to improve their effectiveness before it's too late. Everyone learns from these presentations; the presenters and the audience as well!
Who You “I” Is Not What You “R”
Each of us has an Identity (I) and various Roles (R). Our identity consists of our self-concept and self-worth. The roles we carry in life vary. There is our role as a husband/wife, father/mother, salesperson, golfer, etc. Learn how to separate your identity from your roles.
The success of your various roles in no way measures your worth as a human. When people confuse their identity and role it has a negative impact on their sales success. This session will help you break out of your comfort zones and understand the difference between who you “I” and what you “R.”
Why Have a System?
Discover how the prospect is generally in control on a sales call and how to change that! Participants will understand the difference between the Prospect’s System and the Sandler Selling System methodology as well as the value of using a professional selling system that allows both the prospect and the sales person to get their needs met.
Your Success Triangles
In order to lead you to the top of your professional career, you will need to focus on three areas for your continued growth and improvement: attitude, behavior, and technique. Although techniques are important, they alone will not take you to and keep you at the top.
This lesson will show you how your attitude drives everything, your behavior makes things happen and the techniques are the tools you need to get it done. Discover the areas in which you need to personally improve in order to help you be and stay a success.
Advanced Sales Training Topics
- Learn how to conduct client review meetings.
- Learn how to effectively use a customer satisfaction tool as a differentiator.
- Learn how to create “mind share” within the existing client base and the orchestrators.
- Learn how to conduct goal setting sessions with clients.
- Learn how to conduct a brainstorming session with prospects/clients.
- Understand current spending patterns.
- Uncover how the budget process works.
- Learn how to attach a financial cost to each of the buyer’s problems.
- Learn how to navigate new clients through the consulting process.
Client Expansion and Extension
- Learn how to implement a framework so your client becomes a client for life.
- Stop the competitors from taking your client.
- Learn how to identify when the client is becoming unhappy.
- Develop ways to expand your presence in each of your accounts.
- Learn how to control the “mind share” of your client.
- Learn how to successfully network within your larger clients.
- Learn cross-selling tactics.
• Learn the importance of establishing a customer service culture.
• Learn the keys to implementing customer service.
• Learn how to create customer service ROI.
• Learn strategies for turning negative customers into your biggest allies.
Decision Making Process
- Understand the role of each individual in the buyer network.
- Uncover how decisions are made.
- Learn how to have the buyer make several smaller decisions in the sales process.
- Track the 45 key items to know about each decision maker.
Do the Unexpected — Get a Different and Better Response
- Learn how to break old habits and make new ones that are sure to pay off.
- Learn verbal tactics to reverse roles and get your prospect to convince you.
- Discover why questions are the answer and answers aren’t!
- Learn how to firm up any agreement you reach with your prospect.
- Learn how to edu-sell. (Educate while you sell.)
- Learn how to be viewed as an expert.
- Learn how to expand your presence within an organization.
- Create a positive ROI and market awareness at the same time.
How to Handle the Toughest Sales Situations
- Assess your current responses to your most common objections, stalls, and put-offs.
- Learn non-traditional tactics to handle even the most hostile prospects.
- Recognize when “no” means “maybe.”
- Learn how to get the attention of prospects who won’t call you back.
- Learn what to do when deals get stuck and you’re missing your forecast.
- Learn how to regain control of a sales call that’s not going well.
- Learn the four techniques for using voicemail and phone gatekeepers to your advantage.
Keep Customers From Using Other Competitors to Squeeze You
- Learn how to uncover the likelihood of a prospect’s defecting to the competition.
- Identify techniques to avoid feature-to-feature combat and to make your prospect see your solution as a custom fit.
- Learn how to know if you’re being used to get a better deal with someone else.
- Learn how to dislodge prospects from a fixation on larger, more entrenched competitors.
Making the First Minutes Count - Every Time
- Discover the key factors to building rapport. Most salespeople put 100% of their effort into the 7% factor. Learn about the other 93% and, more important, how to build credibility and trust quickly.
- Identify exactly what to listen for in the prospect’s initial reactions — and how to respond.
- Learn a low-key way to seize the initiative and take leadership of the buyer-seller-dance, all the while making your prospect feel comfortable.
- Learn how to earn your toughest prospect’s respect in the first minutes.
- Understand how to communicate with your prospect quickly. Discover The Prospect’s Reasons to Buy
- Learn the questions you should ask to uncover your prospect’s personal hot buttons.
- Learn how to get your prospect interested, even if he/she says no.
- Conquer your prospect’s reluctance to talk about his/her business issues.
- Get your prospects to see your products and/or services as a solution to their business problem.
- Learn how to identify the key buying criteria.
- Learn how to have the buyer share his/her strategic objectives with you quickly.
- Learn to match the buyer’s needs with your service offerings.
- Learn how to establish need and a call-to-action when selling consulting services.
- Identify common strategies used by buyers.
- Learn how to turn the negotiation process into a joint problem-solving session.
- Learn how to make price a small part of the negotiation process.
- Identify 10 proven negotiating strategies used in your environment.
Pitfalls of Product Knowledge
- Find out why “what you know can hurt you” — how product knowledge is abused and how to use it effectively.
- Learn how salespeople unintentionally alienate prospects.
- Identify when to involve your product specialist and when not to.
- Learn how to be an effective sales partner.
- Learn how to prepare for a sales presentation.
- Learn how to begin the sales presentation.
- Understand how to field questions during the presentation.
- Learn how to close during the presentation.
Profiling the Buyer
- Identify the type of buyer within the first three minutes.
- Learn how to change your sales plan to meet the buyer’s profile.
- Understand how each buyer processes information differently.
- Identify 25 characteristics that will help you close more sales.
- Understand why salespeople and buyers are different.
- Learn how to prospect within your company.
- Learn how to prospect within existing clients.
- Learn how to get quality referrals from existing clients.
- Learn how to conduct educational seminars designed to create awareness and obtain appointments.
Prospecting Techniques to Fill Your Pipeline with Good Leads
- Learn how to warm up cold calls.
- Learn how to prioritize your opportunities and eliminate peaks and valleys in your pipeline.
- Learn how to get buyers interested, even when they say they aren’t.
- Build your own optimized first call approach.
- Learn how to follow up on fresh leads with hyper-efficiency.
- Learn how to make contact without a cold call.
Learn the key questions to use in order to have the buyer share important information.
Learn how to match questions to the buyer’s personality.
Learn how to uncover the buyer’s “real” question.
Learn how to create need and desire to solve the issues by asking the right questions.
- Create a common selling process.
- Learn how to capitalize on the best practices of your whole organization.
- Shorten your sales cycle.
- Shorten the time spent in unproductive areas.
Sandler’s Success Triangle
- Learn the three factors that dictate your success or failure in a sales role.
- Discuss the hidden barriers to success in selling, and how to overcome them.
- Find out what your sales manager probably won’t, or can’t, tell you, but should.
- Learn the 10 essential secrets from consistently successful salespeople.
- Assess your selling style: Are you closing as many deals as you could?
Selling to Groups/Multiple Decision Makers
- Identify what is important to each member of the buying team
- Learn how to involve each member of the buying team in your presentation.
- Neutralize the competitor’s fans on the buying team.
- Learn how to take total control of the meeting.
- Learn how to create a sales plan when there are multiple decision makers to be sold.
- Create Closing Presentations
- Learn how to prepare for a meaningful presentation.
- Identify prospects’ reactions to each individual section.
- Learn how to create an effective agenda.
- Learn how to present to multiple decision makers.
Shorten Your Sales Cycle by Staying in Control
- Learn how to design a series of questions to keep the call flowing smoothly.
- Learn how to talk less, listen more, stay in control, and get a commitment.
- Learn how to use “mini-contracts” to keep you in control of the sales process every step of the way.
- Identify how to measure and document a customer’s commitment to advance in the sales cycle.
- Learn the right way to uncover the true decision process and to get access to decision makers.
- Learn how to drive consensus among complex, multiple decision makers.
- Learn how you can say "no" and keep the deal alive.
- Identify a fail-safe way to make your forecast accurate and reliable.
- Learn how to take total control of the process.
State-of-the-Art Closing Tactics that Work
- Learn how to know when to close.
- Learn how to close users vs. managers vs. financial decision makers.
- Identify closing tactics when selling to committees.
- Learn how to beat end-of-month pressure.
- Establish role/responsibility and utilize your talents to the fullest.
- Create a plan before you enter the sales process.
- Learn how to establish a comfortable atmosphere.
- Increase your closing skill.
The Sandler Selling System
- Learn why 20% of salespeople make 80% of the sales.
- Shorten your sales cycle.
- Discover the tricks employed by savvy buyers and how to avoid getting trapped.
- Stop wasting time sending literature that isn’t read, preparing proposals that can’t win, and doing free consulting.
- Learn to avoid looking like a salesperson.
- Since selling is a battle of the plans, learn how to create a stronger plan than your prospect and prevail.
- Learn how not to leave your prospects cold and what to do instead of making a sales pitch.
- Map your sales cycle and identify what to do during the next step.
- Learn the importance of customizing a sales plan for every call and the techniques you need to adjust it on the fly.
- Learn how to conduct a business dialogue with executives.
Uncovering the Decision Making Process
- Understand what motivates those involved in the decision process.
- Determine when and how decisions are made within an organization.
- Learn how to get the prospect to agree to and live up to committed time frames.
- Learn how to get influencers to become inside salespeople.
- Learn how to set the ground rules with a buyer on the first meeting.
- Learn how to establish a mutually agreed upon process to handle any issue during the sales and service cycle.
- Allow the buyer to feel comfortable quickly.
- Learn how to control the entire sales process.
- Learn how to set clear agreements with the client so the company receives service that meets its expectations.
When and How to Talk About Money
- Find out why many salespeople leave money on the table.
- Learn how to find out who really controls the purse strings.
- Learn how to train your mind to see that price is rarely the real issue.
- Learn how to turn “price” and “cost” conversations into “value” and “ROI” conversations.
- Identify common negotiating ploys used by trained buyers and how to counter them.
- Convert prospects into clients by implementing “jump start” strategies.